Church Mission Opportunities
The Missions Committee shall have the general oversight of promoting and coordinating all mission activities within the church. It shall provide mission education, enhance, promote, and support missions as an integral part of FBCR church life. It shall also promote prayer for missions, so members may continue to grow in Christ. It shall lead the congregation in recognizing the Biblical responsibility of every believer to be a participant in fulfilling the Great Commission locally, nationally and internationally.
Action Team's to get involved in:
- Bread of Life -- Team Leader, Barbara Sims (firstname.lastname@example.org) This team focuses on providing meals and evangelism in our Jerusalem in ways that are not already being done.
- Educators Action Team -- Team Leader, Wayne Watkins (email@example.com) This team focuses on demonstrating Christ's love to educators at local schools by encouraging them, blessing them and praying for them.
- First Responders Action Team -- Team Leader, Ron Grimes (firstname.lastname@example.org) This team focuses on ministering to first responders by being present on long "call outs" , training opportunities and dropping off treats to remind them of our love and Christ's love for them.
- Marriage Action Team -- This team focuses on reaching out to those in our community by investing in their marriage or soon to be marriage.
- ReachOut Committee -- This team focuses on promoting evangelism through all church organizations and community events.
Mission Offerings to Give to:
- Annie Armstrong: North American Missions -- Each year, we honor the life and advocacy of Annie Walker Armstrong (1850-1938) when we give to the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering for North American missions. As a tireless servant of God and a contagious advocate and supporter of missions efforts throughout the world, Annie Armstrong led women to unite in missions endeavors that ultimately led to the formation of Woman's Missionary Union, for which she served as the first corresponding secretary.
- Lottie Moon: International Missions -- She is the namesake of Southern Baptists' international missions offering and has become a legend. But in her time Lottie was anything but an untouchable hero. In fact, she was like today's missionaries. She labored tirelessly so her people group could know Jesus. Charlotte Digges "Lottie" Moon was a Southern Baptist missionary to China with the Foreign Mission Board who spent nearly 40 years living and working in China. "Why should we not...do something that will prove that we are really in earnest in claiming to be follower of Him who, though He was rich, for our sake became poor?" Lottie Moon, Sept. 15, 1887, Tungchow
- Mary Hill Davis: State Missions -- Mary Hill Davis believed Texas was a vast mission field, and that immigrants needed to know Jesus just as much as citizens. Each year, she spurred women to service, giving and prayer, leading to the establishment of State Missions Week in September, 1910. Remembering her remarkable leadership, in 1935 the offering for state missions was named the Mary Hill Davis Offering. Almost 100 years later, her example still inspires Texas Baptists to GIVE, to PRAY, and to GO.
Scholarship OpportunitiesOur church has voted to give 3% of the churches monthly budget receipts to the Mission Committee. Part of this money is used to grant scholarships for church members who want to go on mission trips.
- Adult Scholarship -- in USA $700; international $2,000
- Youth Scholarship -- in USA $700; international $2,000
- Married Couple -- in USA $1,000; international $2,500
- Family -- in USA $1,500; international $3,000
These are amounts for first time mission trips funded by the Mission Committee. For details, come by the church office for your application.
International World Changers Scholarships are also available for youth. Please visit their website at www.imbstudents.org. Click on "Featured Projects" to find out dates for trips and apply for the trip and scholarship opportunity.
Your Tithes and Offerings at work:Pregnancy Resource Medical Center: $1,200
- Mission Statement: Our purpose is to prevent abortion by offering women the information and emotional, spiritual, and physical help that will empower them to choose life for their child and sexual integrity for themselves. Changing the Future--One Life at a Time. If you would like to learn more about the pregnancy resource medical center, please call 281-232-2375. PRMC needs volunteers! Make a difference in our community by volunteering at PRMC. Call Meggi Stewart at 281-232-2375.
- Our mission is to feed and clothe people in West Fort Bend County on a short term basis. Covenant churches sign a pledge promising financial support and agree to hold at least two yearly food drives and clothing drives. Located at: 902 Collins Rd., Richmond, TX 77469, Phone:281-232-4904, Hours: 10am-2:30pm. For more info, please visit HH website: http://www.roserichhelpinghands.org/